Friday, August 8, 2014

Jamming

Before the rain started this morning, we whipped out to Roy's Raspberries and picked a couple of buckets. The berries are huge this year! Jennifer even came out and pitched in (alas I forgot the camera at home).


I then spent the rest of the day making jam. I started with some plain raspberry and then switched to a raspberry-saskatoon mix. As I've gotten better at jamming, I've started to find it very contemplative: standing in front of the stove for 90 minutes with nothing to do but stir means lots of time for thought (e.g., why is there so much Gowan on my iPod?).


I'm just starting on the last batch and should put up about 30 or 32 jars by the time I'm done tonight. I'd like to go back to get anther couple of pails this coming week to finish off jam-making (apple season is coming!).

No comments:

Post a Comment