Sunday, May 10, 2020

Daffodils, raspberry and peas

Nothing really inspirational in the garden this week. We put in the last of the onions, some bush bean seeds, and I planted some lettuce. I hope to get some flowers this week from the local garden shop.


The daffodils out front are very pretty and there was a huge bee on them while I was weeding. I spent a lot of time this week weeding, cleaning up some neglected areas of the yard, and weeding some more.


The raspberries are also leafing out, which is nice to see. I have been working around back, doing further hedge surgery and also starting to reclaim the garden bed that the hedge has grown into. When garage construction is done, this bed will form part of the new "in-ground" garden".


The first of the peas are also up this week, which is nice to see. We've sown two crops so hopefully we can spread the harvest out a bit longer than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment