Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wrapping up cidering

With an extra day this weekend, I decided we'd wrap up the cidering in the basement by transferring the carboy I was bulk aging into bottles. This was also motivated by my wife's query as to what all of these empty bottle were for. 


Jess helped, providing the sharp eyes necessary to fill the bottles without over-filling. We also put 8 litres in pails to make applejack with (the weather "co-operating"--i.e., being -17C). These should freeze up over the next few days and concentrate the booze.


In the meantime, we have apple cider fermenting in the cupboard. While I think I will hold off on another round of wine making (although there all these empty bottle...), I may put some of the spring's pinot noir out to vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment