Friday, October 3, 2014

Garlic, tulips and cherries

Fall is well underway, with the leaves finally starting to come down. I was out for a walk at noon and saw some ice building up on a local fountain (water shoots up from four corners into central bowl).


Jess and I have been busy with yard work, although the cold weather has dampened our enthusiasm. Last night we put six heads of garlic into the ground for spring and also 40 tulip bulbs. We still have another 20 or so to go. You can see the ongoing sidewalk replacement behind Jess (week two without a driveway...).


I also shucked the last of the beans from their shells. These are scarlet runner beans that I'm saving for next year (or the year after).


Tonight we went out and plunked in an Evans cherry that my friend Marc gave me. I'm quite excited by this very generous gift--we've picked other people's cherry trees in the past and the resulting pie is great!


Tomorrow I will be lifting and re-laying some of the cobbles on the front walk. The city is supposed to come and fix this (part of the clean up of the sidewalk work) but based on where they are at, they likely won't be back before the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment