Monday, May 25, 2020

Saskatoons, ground cover and apple blossoms

Things were fairly subdued in the garden this week. I did a lot of weeding and tackled some of the problem areas after a big rain (three inches!) loosened the soil. The garlic and onions have really jumped up.


The Saskatoon bushes are in blossom, and it looks like a good crop this year! The yellow ground cover out front is always starting to flower.


While our apple trees are still not quite in bloom, the rest of the neighbourhood is trees certainly are. Out front, our carrots are germinating and I'v started to thin the beets. I'm hoping for an early harvest of spinach next week.


I picked up the last few flowers plus some basil and cilantro today. I hope to get them out into the yard tonight or tomorrow. Ot looks like the weather is warming up appreciably, with a high of 27 predicted on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment