Sunday, June 14, 2020

Potatoes, Saskatoons and Chives

It has been rainy week in the yard! During one of the dry days, I went out and replanted a bunch of potatoes that had not sprouted. They looked fine, just dormant. So I put in new seed and buried it. A bit of a staggered harvest is fine.


The blue caribe that we used as seed this spring have come up nicely and I'm starting to hill.


The lilacs are are out and smell wonderful.


The Saskatoons are forming nice clusters of berries.


We also have some chives blooming. These are just about indestructible and are a nice source of spring flavour. I pulled the last of the first spinach planting and have seeded in more arugula and spinach.


Today, I hope to get out and do some weeding. I also have a second sowing of bush beans to get into the ground. And maybe some more carrots for a later harvest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment