Sunday, October 18, 2020

Last of the harvest

With some light flurries falling, I pulled the last of the carrots and beets this morning. Some of the carrots we'll eat fresh, some will get given away, and I will blanch and freeze for use over the winter.

I also got the last of the strawberries in before the frost. These were a delicious treat!

Last week I pulled the tomatoes. We have five cookie sheets stack with green tomatoes. 

The ripe ones were beginning to get away from me, so I hauled out the tomato mill and made a gallon of puree. This then cooked down into just over a litre of pizza sauce, that I froze.


We also saw some long awaited progress on the garage. All that is left os some stone work and the east of the electrical work. Solar will wait until next year I guess. Along with a fence for the back yard.


The next week will see us deal with the carrots and tomatoes. And, at some point, I need to get the raspberries out of the freezer and make jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment