Sunday, April 18, 2021

Garlic and some backyard renos

Spring is here and the garlic is up (along with the chives and few early tulips). 

We've spent the past three weeks working on sorting out the back yard. I built a third garden box out of some scrap lumber and we levelled out the section that will be lawn and a fire area. This involved humping a lot of dirt (two dump truck full in the end). This weekend, we seeded it and Jess is watering. Some in ground garden beds are visible toward the fence.

I also put the bird house back up.

This pano shot shows the back yard as it was yesterday. Garden on the left. Lawn in front. Then more garden on the right. Work has been slowed by periodic snow. This as a lot of work with a wheel barrow! We also got peas and onions planted in the wooden boxes.

Today we did some lighter work. We created a stepped set of beds in front (just moving some rocks around) for herbs. You can see Jess working behind the wheel barrow.

These turned out well. I also used a fork to loosen the soil in the front beds. I did about 60% before I got too tired! Maybe tomorrow. I hope to get some easy seeds in this week. 


 I'd also like to get some asparagus crowns for a bed in the back. Now I'm going to go have a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment