Monday, August 12, 2024

Raspberry season

The raspberry crop this year has been crazy big. I have about seven gallons in the freezer to jam later on.


We haven't been able to keep up with the volume, despite eating a lot and baking tonnes. I decided to try fruit leather. Some was straight raspberries and some was 50-50 raspberries and apple sauce (the latter was better).



The corn is also giving it, finally. I am hopeful we might get some heads this year! I planted some peas at the base in the hope of a fall crop of peas as well.




We've also had a lot of luck with cucumbers this year. I'm not a huge fan but these have been tasty.


I need to harvest the garlic today and get it curing. Jess comes home this week just in time to help with the apples (although a slight fracture in her wrist will slow her down a bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment