Saturday, July 25, 2020

Peas and Berries

Despite the ends rain we're starting to see some things come ripe. The peas are huge and we'll be harvesting this weekend.


Clearly the wind has shaped the growth of the peas in the front! I've also started topping the garlic scapes.


We're also entering berry season. The raspberries are just starting to bear.


We've been picking the early volunteers and eating them but I'lll start feeling some of each day's pick for raspberry jam as the Saskatoons quit.


It has not been a great year for Saskatoons. There are some nice berries but they are late and the birds have really been at them.


The beans are also starting to flower finally. this week looks hot so that should help get some beans growing. The slugs have been denuding many of the leaves.


We clean south the freezer last weekend and turned most of the remaining tomato puree into sauce this paste weekend.


I'm keen to start jamming! Probably just raspberry this year. I noticed a bunch of cherries ripe in the neighbourhood (nanking, I think). We'll see if I get ambitious and do anything about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment