Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin pie for dinner

We're having my in-laws over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow so I made a pie from scratch tis morning. After several years of unsatisfactory spicing, I think I have finally hit upon the proportions I like and this tastes delicious! The glass pie plate also seems to help the crust brown evenly.


The leaves are finally starting to fall so we'll be raking and putting up Xmas lights tomorrow. I have a few more garden beds to dig but I have finished most of the work in the front yard.

4 comments:

  1. Glass pie plate is the answer. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pie! There's nothing like pumpkin pie from scratch, is there? Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was tasty--i've struggled for years to do a decent pie (whatever that is about--everyone else seems to do just fine) and this one finally worked. Now off to dig up some rhubarb and strawberries from the freezer to try something different this week..

    ReplyDelete