Friday, January 31, 2014

Bottling some winter wine

With Jennifer away on a business trip, Jess and I spent some of last night bottling a batch of malbec we started at Christmas. 

We experimented with some different approaches to bottling. This time we racked to a primary and then using the spigot and a funnel instead of a siphon to fill the bottles. This worked quite a lot better for Jess.

We also tried out the floor corker my friend Lorna gave us. Much better than the butterfly corker we had been using! These need to sit for a couple of days to ensure the corks seal and then we'll cap and label them. Should be ready to drink come late summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment