Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Garlic scape pesto

I haven't had a lot of time for garden projects this spring (work has been insanely demanding0 but things are slowing down. I noticed the garlic scapes were out on Sunday so I went and nipped them off. I think I used them to pickle beets last year.


Anyhow, this year I decided to try pesto. Some scapes, almonds, parmesan, oil, salt and pepper and away we go.


The pesto was amazingly garlic-y and delicious. We ate some on crackers (and then it proceeded to flavour everything else I ate that day...). Might be nice with a touch of cream cheese too.

The rest I dropped into small muffin tins and froze. I will extract it tomorrow and bag it for winter as an alternative to tomato sauce on pizza. Will go well with the asparagus I froze last week and some mozzarella.


I hope to get some bread going tomorrow (it has been too hot to bake) and see if I have enough beets to warrant thinning and pickling. The dill is ready so just need the beets. We also have some radishes to deal with and some buckwheat to plant in a couple of beds I'm letting lie fallow this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment