Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Asparagus, apples and corn

Most of this past week has been filled with weeding, watering, and planting out a few more things. The biggest surprise was the appearance of some asparagus, which I had written off for dead. So far, only one of the four or five crowns has shot up but I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.


The tulips we put in last fall out front have come up and are blooming. This is a very nice shot of colour while the rest of the flower border starts to come in.


The hot weather has put all of the flowering plants into bloom a bit early. The apple trees are showing blossoms and I'm hopeful there are bees around to help them set fruit


Out front, I decided to plant the corn in the north bed. It is a bit early but the soil is warm. I ut in some ornamental gem-coloured corn in two the beds. I'll need to get some new seed for eating corn in the third.

Most of the plants we started inside have survived the transplant. I just need to find a few cantaloupe starts somewhere and some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment