Monday, May 1, 2023

Rhubarb and tomatoes

It was a busy week in the garden but I don't have much to show for it, picture-wise. The big news was that the rhubarb returned after dying back very early during the extended heat wave and drought we had last summer. 

We continued working with transplants, moving some melons, squash and cucumbers from the heated tray to an interim home as they germinated. I expect to move the rest this weekend and then get the corn in to germinate. I also thinned the tomatoes and tied them to their stakes as they have gotten a bit leggy.

Out in the yard, I weeded a lot (while the soil is moist and loose) and put in the carrot seeds. I also added a few errant strawberry plants to the strawberry tower. As I was walking out this morning, I noticed the first of the garlic has just come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment