Saturday, June 1, 2013

Some rain yields vegetables

I was out of town for a few days and during that time there was quite a lot of rain. Consequently, the vegetables all shot way up. The zucchini went from two leaves to four and all of the rest of the beans poked through the soil.


The early lettuce I planted also grew enough that we can likely get a salad from the garden tomorrow.


The peppers have also started to grow and set fruit. These are a small, hot pepper I planted for drying and maybe doing some sort of oil infusion.


Finally, the kale has really come on. A few more leaves and I'll crop it to make chips.


Tonight we're going to bag some lilacs to make lilac sugar and syrup. The various fruits are also starting to set up nicely--I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment